Subject: Game problems
From: Martin Kift <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 18:09:47 +0300

After releasing my game last week, I've had a few problems reported 
by people who are running on ntsc machines which baffle me.

Firstly, I have in my code a section which calls CloseWorkbench, and 
it does this in a loop of 50, which I took from lots of blitz 
examples, including the Acid defender game I think.

However, on some machines, this causes workbench to close, reappear, 
close, reappear 50 times until it finally closes down and the game 
starts!!!! 8(

Also, on some machines, when my game opens up a PAL screen to run the 
game, when it closes down, it leaves wb in PAL mode, and doesn't 
return to ntsc mode in which wb was originally.

I don't see either of these two problems on my machine, even when I 
run in many wierd screen modes like multisync or super72.

Can anybody help me?

+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Martin Kift                     |   Software developer (C/C++/OWL/MFC)  |
| Email: [email-masked]   |   Procede Software Ltd., UK.          |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+